Anyone else watch the show Taboo on National Geographic? There's a new episode coming up about a Filipino man who is so obsessed with Superman that he actually gets plastic surgery to look like him. Here's a link to the trailer: Being Superman
I love how my layout has trees of purple sugary goodness. "Good choice, Sharai! It's so you!" I also LOVE Olive Garden. Shocking as it may seem, I've only been there twice; both times of which have occurred recently. And can I just pose a question to all of you? Why did none of you stress to me how amazing the breadsticks are?? You're all morally bankrupt for depriving me of that information. Next time I bake brownies and offer some to you, be afraid. Ooh, be afraid. You many find more than chocolate-marshmallow tastyness there, dear ones. Brain's in a few places at once at the moment. Food. Video Games. Books. Music. Food. In that order, mind you. ;) And lucky enough, I'm about to indulge in the wonderful bounty of FOOD! *Nom*Nom*Nom* as you strange folk like to use instead of practical verbal usage. Tonight I believe is Sinigang. For those who aren't Filipino, it's a stew. A terrible stew that gets you eating like a savage. It t...
I've never encountered a show so heartwarming and charming as "Derek." To be honest, Ricky Gervais wasn't someone I thought capable of delivering such work as he does with this Netflix Original Series. And I've only watched the first couple of episodes. My favorite parts so far are the hamster YouTube video and his last moments with Joan. Two very different scenes that somehow capture the many endearing qualities of Derek's character. This show is simple, yet it produces such beautiful images that make your heart swell (in a good way). There's nothing fancy about it. No frills or flights of fantasy. No gore and bloodshed. Just a man and his friends. To sum it up, this is the kind of show that leaves you a better person than before you watched it. Love it or hate it, the storytelling is thought provoking and you can't help but fall in love with Derek.